Sainte-Thècle is a picturesque and recreational tourism locality in the Middle-Mauricie located at the southeastern limit of the Laurentian Shield, on the north shore of the St. Lawrence River, in the regional municipality of Mékinac County, Quebec.
Today its economy is based on recreational tourism activities (vacationing, camping, hunting and fishing, mountain biking, snowmobiles, boating, observations of flora and fauna), forestry, agriculture and certain paragovernmental services (education in elementary school, Mékinac family helpers, etc.).
Canonically founded in 1873 and civilly in 1874, Sainte-Thècle is a popular destination for recreational and tourist activities. The centenary festivities of Sainte-Thècle were celebrated over ten months from 1973 to 1974.
This locality has a territory of 213.5 kilometres (132.66 mi) where 2484 inhabitants reside. The village of Sainte-Thècle is located at the junction of routes 153 and 352.
The Rivière des Envies has its source at Lac de la Traverse and is the most important hydrographic basin. Its course crosses rang Saint-Joseph to the southwest to the limit of Saint-Tite; then, its course crosses this last municipality subsequently, Saint-Séverin and Saint-Stanislas. It flows onto the west bank of the Batiscan River in Saint-Stanislas.
The Tawachiche River flows on 25 km (16 mi) entirely within the municipality of Lac-aux-Sables, almost the limit of Sainte-Thècle. The northeast zone of Rang Saint-Thomas and Rang Saint-Georges is part of the hydrographic slope of this river.
The Batiscan River flows north to south over 196 km (122 mi) starting at [[:w:lac Édouard (Québec)|lac Édouard}} in Mauricie. It drains into the Template:W at Batiscan. A short segment of the course of this river turns out to be the eastern limit of the municipality of Sainte-Thècle.
The Pierre-Paul river with its course of 14 has its source at Pierre-Paul Lake of Saint-Tite. Its course describes a large Z by crossing a mainly agricultural territory (a forest part at the beginning of the route) of Saint-Tite, Sainte-Thècle and Saint-Adelphe. In Sainte-Thècle, its course crosses the Saint-Thomas and Saint-Georges ranges. It flows into the Batiscan River near the village of Saint-Adelphe.
Canonically founded in 1873 and civilly in 1874, the municipality has a great agricultural, forestry and religious history. On April 27, 1909, the municipality of the village was created by detachment from the municipality of the parish. In 1958, the village below broke away from the municipality of the parish to merge into the municipality of the village. Finally, the merger of the two municipalities came into effect on June 7, 1989.
The Catholic Church of Sainte-Thècle was erected from 1903 to 1905. The Stations of the Cross in the sacristy were made in 1907 and 1908. The great organ of the church was acquired in 1914. The interior finish of the church was carried out in 1932 under the aegis of the famous painter Louis-Édouard Monty. The legendary cement lion was erected on a plinth on the northeast side of the church by the priest Maxime Masson in 1938. On August 3, 1938, a hurricane knocked down the two bell towers of the church of Sainte-Thècle. Several buildings and houses were damaged. The 52-year-old parish priest Maxime Masson ended on July 1, 1955; according to the presbytery register, the latter baptized 2497 children between 1903 and 1955. The high altar was reconstructed in 1987 in the choir of the church. On January 1, 2018, there was the creation of the new factory of the parish of Saint-Cœur-de-Marie including the old factories of Notre-Dame-des-Anges, Saint-Éloi-les-Mines, Saint-Rémi-du-Lac-aux-Sables, Saint-Léopold d’Hervey-Jonction, Sainte-Thècle and Saint-Adelphe.