The Economic Information Daily (simplified Chinese: 经济参考报; traditional Chinese: 經濟參考報; pinyin: Jīngjì Cānkǎo Bào), also translated into English as Economic Reference Paper or Economic Reference Daily,  is a Chinese state-run newspaper specializing in economics, based in Beijing.
Inaugurated in Beijing on 1 July 1981, Economic Information Daily is the first national economic professional newspaper born during China’s Reform and opening up. On 7 December 1990, Deng Xiaoping wrote the name of the Economic Information Daily in his own handwriting.
On July 17, 2013, Wang Wenzhi (王文志), the principal reporter of the Economic Information Daily, reported in his Sina Weibo that the chairman of China Resources Group, Song Lin, was suspected of huge corruption.  Wang accused Song Lin of intentionally overpaying for a coal-industry acquisition, resulting in the loss of billions of state property.
- Chris Buckley.“Scandal Downs Chairman of a Top Chinese State Company”. The New York Times. April 18, 2014.
- Jay D White; William A. Joseph (8 August 2019). China Briefing: The Contradictions of Change. Taylor & Francis. pp. 43–. ISBN 978-1-315-28471-2.
- Wendy Ng (11 January 2018). The Political Economy of Competition Law in China. Cambridge University Press. pp. 385–. ISBN 978-1-107-15440-7.
- Min Ye (18 August 2014). Diasporas and Foreign Direct Investment in China and India. Cambridge University Press. pp. 106–. ISBN 978-1-107-05419-6.
- Jie Fan; Thomas Heberer; Wolfgang Taubmann (15 May 2015). Rural China: Economic and Social Change in the Late Twentieth Century: Economic and Social Change in the Late Twentieth Century. Routledge. pp. 324–. ISBN 978-1-317-46064-0.
- William Kazer.“New Warning Issued on China Local Government Debt”. The Wall Street Journal. September 27, 2013.
- Fifty Years of New China Media (1949-1999). China Journalism Yearbook Press. 2000. pp. 515–.
- Nissim Otmazgin; Eyal Ben-Ari (March 2013). Popular Culture and the State in East and Southeast Asia. Routledge. pp. 166–. ISBN 978-1-136-62295-3.
- History of Beijing. Beijing Publishing House. pp. 133-.
- Worldwide, Issues 165-176. Xinhua Publishing House. 1994. pp. 47-.
- Daily Report: China. Foreign Broadcast Information Service. 1990. pp. 13–.
- Directory of Chinese News Publishers. Xinhua Publishing House. 1994. pp. 7–.
- People’s Republic of China Year-book, Volume 11. Xinhua Publishing House. 1991.
- Chris Buckley.““Economic Information Daily” reporter real-name reports on corruption of the chairman of China Resources Group”. BBC.com. July 17, 2013.
- William A. Babcock; William H. Freivogel (23 March 2015). The SAGE Guide to Key Issues in Mass Media Ethics and Law. SAGE Publications. pp. 909–. ISBN 978-1-5063-1728-1.