Lady Gyeonghwa of the Jincheon Im clan (Korean: 경화궁부인 임씨; Hanja: 慶和宮夫人 林氏; lit. ‘Lady of the Gyeonghwa Palace‘) was a Korean Royal Princess as the first and oldest daughter of Hyejong of Goryeo and Queen Uihwa, also became Korean Royal Consort by marriage to her half uncle, Gwangjong of Goryeo as his 2nd wife, which she then followed her maternal clan. As a Princess, she therefore was called as Princess Gyeonghwa (Korean: 경화공주; Hanja: 慶和公主) or Grand Princess Gyeonghwa (Korean: 경화장공주; Hanja: 慶和長公主).
When Wang Gyu accused the King‘s half-brothers, Yo and So were plotted treason, the King then gave his eldest daughter to So as his 2nd wife and it was believed that they were married in 944. Meanwhile, her father’s effort to safe his own life from the political treatment made she must married her uncle who had already secured his position in the royal family through his first marriage. Gyeonghwa’s marriage with So was purely political marriage. However, due to her father’s condition, despite she once held position as a Royal Princess, she did better known Gwangjong’s “Madam” (부인, 夫人) rather than “Queen consort” (왕후, 王后) like Daemok, his first wife (formerly half younger sister).
- Portrayed by Kim Min-kyung and Jang Han-na in the 2002–2003 KBS TV series The Dawn of the Empire.
- Portrayed by Jang Seo-hee in the 2016 SBS TV series Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.
- Yeong-gyu, Park (2000). 한권으로읽는고려왕조실록[Annals of the Goryeo Dynasty in one volume] (in Korean). University of Michigan, United States: Deullyeok, 들녘. pp. 117, 134–136. ISBN 9788975271540. Retrieved June 14, 2021.
- “고려시대 史料 Database”. db.history.go.kr (in Chinese). Kŏryŏ Sidae – Database. Retrieved June 14, 2021.
- Seolhwa, Hebe (October 7, 2014). “고려04대 광종후궁 – 경화궁부인 임씨(慶和宮夫人 林氏) – 혜종자식”. m.blog.naver.com. Naver. Retrieved June 14, 2021.
- “고려시대 史料 Database”. Goryeosa (in Chinese). Retrieved June 14, 2021.
- Yoon, So (October 12, 2016). “[달의연인] 혜종 왕무의 공주와 광종의 혼인”. Naver Blog (in Korean). Retrieved June 14, 2021.