Sverre Olaf Lie (born 27 February 1938, Oslo) is a Norwegianpediatrician. He was head of the Pediatric Research Institute at University of Oslo from 1975 till 1989 and Chairman and Professor at the Department of Pediatrics at the National Hospital of Norway, Rikshospitalet from 1989 till 2006.
He finished medical school (MD) in 1965 at University of Oslo and one year later in 1965 received his PhD in molecular genetics. He established a mother and child health station in Jordan after the June war in 1967 and supervising this activity till 1975. Member of an Advisory Board to Norad (Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation) from 1973 to 1978. Visiting Scientist, Johns Hopkins Hospital 1971-72 (with professor Victor A. McKusick). He was recognized as a specialist in paediatrics in 1973 and specialist in medical genetics in 1975. He was one of the founders of The Nordic Society for Pediatric Hematology and Oncology (NOPHO). He currently works as a Senior Advisor to the Prime Minister of Norway in the field of Maternal, Newborn and Child Health from 2006 till present. He has published more than 200 articles in journals and books and co-author of several books.
- Elected member of the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters, 1993 and is elected member of the Children Cancer Study Group, UK and US.
- Awarded the 100-year anniversary prize of Norske Kvinners Sanitetsforening (Norwegian Woman’s Public Health Association) which is the biggest NGO in Norway, 1996.
- Elected “Professorem Hospitem” of the Universitas Carolina Pragensis (Charles University in Prague), 1996.
- Elected Honorary Member of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health in Great Britain. The Royal College is a continuation of the British Paediatrics Association (BPA). Since 1928, when BPA was formed, only 4 paediatricians from the Nordic Countries have been given this honour. He is the only member from Norway. 1999.
- Ordered Knight, First Class of the Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav by the Norwegian King, 2001.
- Elected as an Honorary Member of the Society of Scholars of the Johns Hopkins University, 2004, as first Norwegian
- Honorary member of Norwegian Paediatric Association, 2004
- Honorary member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics, 2004 
- Honorary member of the South African Children’s Cancer Study Group from 2010
- Kunnskapsforlagets, papirleksikon. “Sverre Olaf Lie”. (in norwegian) Store Norske Leksikon. Norsk nettleksikon. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- “Memberlist”. Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- Nilsen, Lisbeth. “Sverre O. Lie ble Ridder av 1. klasse”. Dagens Medisin. Archived from the original on 24 July 2012. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- “Society of Scholars Inducts New Members”. The JHU Gazette. 33 (35). May 17, 2004. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- “Informasjonsbrev for Det medisinske fakultet, Universitetet i Oslo”(PDF). (In Norwegian) Med. Fak. Nytt. 18 May 2004. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- “Nytt om navn”. (In Norwegian) Tidsskrift for den Norske Legeforening. Nr. 6 – 17.mars 2005. Retrieved 26 February 2012. Check date values in: