The laying of the foundation stone of the steel plant by Tata Steel (then known as Tata Iron and Steel Company) in 1907 at Sakchi Kalimati in Singhbhum district marked the beginning of the industrialisation of the area. The first police station in the area was opened in 1912 at Jugsalai. The Kalimati Sakchi village was renamed ‘Jamshedpur’ in 1917. Dhalbhum subdivision was created in 1920 with Jamshedpur as headquarters. Jamshedpur Notified Area was established in 1924. East Singhbhum district, with Jamshedpur as headquarters, was set up in 1990.
Dumaria is located at 22.4636°N 86.4387°E.
“The district forms a part of the Chota Nagpur Plateau and is a hilly upland tract”. The Seraikela Dhalbhumgarh upland and the Dalma range are natural divisions of the district. The main rivers are the Subarnarekha and the Kharkai.
The district consists of two subdivisions – (1) Dhalbhum subdivision with Patamda, Boram, Golmuri-cum-Jugsalai and Potka CD blocks, and (2) Ghatshila subdivision with Ghatshila, Dhalbhumgarh, Musabani, Dumaria, Gurbandha, Chakulia and Baharagora CD blocks.
Dumaria CD block is bounded by the Musabani CD block on the north, Gurbandha CD block on the east, the Rajrangpur and Bijatola CD blocks/ tehsils in the Mayurbhanj district of the Odisha state on the south, and the Potka CD block on the west.
Dumaria CD block has an area of 316.74 km2.Dumaria police station serves Dumaria CD block.The headquarters of Dumaria CD block is located at Dumaria village.