Killygordon (Irish: Cúil na gCuirridín), is a small village in the Finn Valley of east County Donegal, Ireland. As of 2016[update] the population was 614. It is located on the N15 between Ballybofey and Castlefin. The separate townland of the Crossroads lies half a mile from Killygordon. The River Finn passes by the village on its way towards its confluence with the River Mourne and the River Foyle.
Killygordon has one pub, St. Patrick’s Catholic church at the Crossroads, a Presbyterian church at Liscooley and St. Anne’s Church of Ireland at Monellan.
The main employer in the area is Donegal Creameries Plc which is based in the nearby village of the Crossroads, a dairy company which supplies fresh milk to all of Donegal. As one of the largest employers in the county, it employs over 100 people and has been in operation since 1989. They sponsor most sports in Donegal including the GAA County team and the Finn Harps FC.
Monellan Castle, situated two miles outside the village, was built during the 18th century, and part of the 35 room dwelling was underground, to be used as a place of safety – if such was required. The castle and its gardens were in proper condition for some time after the Catholic Emancipation Act in 1775,[verification needed] until its demolition in the 1930s – on orders given to the Irish Land Commission from the Government of the day.
The population of Greater Killygordon is just over six hundred people. The village and surrounding areas have a large Church of Ireland and Presbyterian minority, however, Roman Catholicism is the main religion practised.