Laiwu (莱芜; Láiwú) is a small but beautiful city in central Shandong Province. The smallest prefecture-level city in Shandong province, it borders the provincial capital of Jinan to the north, Zibo to the east and Tai’an to the southwest while the Darwin river (大汶河) passes central of the city. With a population of around 1.35 million ,it is one of the smallest cities in Shandong Province.
It is a developing industrial city. Some Chinese regard it as one of the most beautiful and the most suitable for living industrial cities.And Laiwu carries the nickname Phoenix City (凤城) because of some magic old stories. While it doesn’t always make the short list of tourists visiting China, there is certainly enough to be done in Laiwu to warrant some days stay.
Laiwu City lies on the central of Shandong and borders Jinan,Zibo and Tai’an.
- Laicheng District (莱城区; Láichéngqū) — the downtown core that with most of the city’s major hotels and attractions.
- Gangcheng District (钢城区; Gāngchéngqū) — sits directly southwest of Laicheng District and contains many industrial buildings.And it is famous for a big company called “Laigang”.
Five economic function areas part of Laiwu:
- Xueye Tourist District (雪野旅游区; ) — north of Laicheng District.
- Laiwu New and High-Tech Zones (莱芜高新区; ) — contains Pengquan Town
- Laiwu Agricultural New High Level Technology Development and Model Zones (莱芜农高区; ) — contains Fangxia,Yangzhuang,Niuquan towns
- Economic Development Zones(Kouzhen) (经济开发区;口镇 ) —
- Taigang Industrial Area (泰钢工业园区; ) —
Laiwu is a very small city in Shandong Province,only 2,246 km² and its population is only 1.35 million.But in Laiwu,you can see many beautiful scenes,you can try many delicious special food and you can also have a peaceful life in here.