Allen Lake (French: lac Allen) is a lake in the municipality of Dysart et al, Haliburton County in CentralOntario, Canada. It is on Allen Creek and is in the Ottawa Riverdrainage basin.
Allen Lake has an area of 96.96 hectares (239.6 acres) and lies at an elevation of 431 metres (1,414 ft). It is 1,920 metres (6,300 ft) long and 880 metres (2,890 ft) wide. The lake is at the height of land between the Ottawa River drainage basin to the north and east, and the Trent River drainage basin to the west and southwest. The nearest named community is Pusey, 6.5 kilometres (4.0 mi) to the south just over the border into the neighbouring municipality of Highlands East.
The primary inflow is Allen Creek, arriving at the south from the direction of Little Allen Lake. There is one unnamed secondary inflow at the southwest. The primary outflow, at the northern end of the lake, is also Allen Creek, which flows via Benoir Lake, the York River and the Madawaska River to the Ottawa River.
- “Allen Lake”. Geographical Names Data Base. Natural Resources Canada. Retrieved 2020-09-01.
- “Toporama (on-line map and search)”. Atlas of Canada. Natural Resources Canada. Retrieved 2020-09-01.
- “Ontario Geonames GIS (on-line map and search)”. Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry. 2014. Retrieved 2020-09-01.
- “Google Earth”. Retrieved 2020-09-01.
- Restructured municipalities – Ontario map #5 (Map). Restructuring Maps of Ontario. Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing. 2006. Retrieved 2020-09-01.
- Map 5(PDF) (Map). 1 : 700,000. Official road map of Ontario. Ministry of Transportation of Ontario. 2018-01-01. Retrieved 2020-09-01.